Wednesday, January 21, 2009

excitement in the air

I have had so much fun these past couple months. My grandfather was sweet enough to accompany me on a few photo shoots while letting me borrow his camera equipment. He has a Canon Rebel XTI and I really enjoyed using it. After that it was all history. Scott my sweet hubby insisted that I purchase my own digital SLR and stop wishing. So I did a lot of ratings and review hunting and tested some out and found the camera that felt right. . . . cannon EOS 50D and I LOVE IT!!! Seriously I do. It is so fun. OK reading the manual is so not fun but I am taking notes in my own language not manual language so that I can do what I need to with it. I am trying to figure out all of the wonderful options that are with this camera. I don't like just leaving it on the automatic options. I also got a 50mm 1.8f and really like that glass. I wished that I had enough money for the 1.4 but I can save up for that one. I love the way that it throws the background so easily. That makes portraits so much easier to enhance and it really keeps the subject matter the real focus/ in focus. I will be posting a slew of photos from my December wedding and photo shoots this week.

So if I post here it is set in stone right??? Probably not but I want to make sure that I am practicing with my new toy every day so I am going to hold myself accountable and post weekly photos that I am working on. I will try and say what I was going for and stuff. I have a ton of books from the library right now and am having so much fun going through them. Kinda interesting since one of the books is from a popular wedding photographer from England. Well apparently we here across the pond are super late on trends.... hee hee. He was saying how in 2001 the angle photos were popular and in 2003 they were no longer doing that. Same thing with color popping black n whites. Hee hee
I get requests for these all of the time. Oh well. I don't mind having people request things that are so 6 years ago by England's standards. Since we are here in the desert we are normally a few years behind the rest of the country any way. Example... I remember being in California over a summer and my very beautiful trendy/stylish aunt making a comment on the capris and pedal pushers that were in a display window. And how she hated them when she was a girl. Since she has awesome legs I am not exactly sure why she wouldn't like them. Well that was in 1993. I don't think that they made it all the way to Arizona till later in the 90's. I graduated in 98 and didn't own a pair till 2000. So SAD.

No comments: