Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Moving on with Business

So these past few weeks have been super fun. Tons of my friends are having babies! So many babies it is too much fun. I love holding new little floppy squirmers in my arms. Makes me wish we had another on the way already. (We aren't yet so don't freak out) Love the squeaks and grunts of newbies.

On to business. So I recently entered into a new FAVE local scrapbooking store Mystic Paper located in down town Mesa, AZ on Main Street near fun boutiques and galleries.
They are so fun. If you are looking to alter or embellish any of your projects they are definitely worth checking out. The classes that they have there look to be amazing too. I met one of the workers (I forgot her name but she was so sweet and cute) I met Jennifer one of the owners of the store. She is GREAT!!! She was so nice as I tried to find the perfect paper for my latest projects... soldering jewelry for pendants and bracelets. She was so sweet as #3 ran rampant through the store with his new stompy shoes. He loved the fact that they had hard wood flooring and they have a basement where the classes are held so there was lots of thumping with little effort. Have you ever felt like everyone in the world is looking at you like you are horrible for bringing your child some where? That is not how I felt. # 3 was and is still cutting big nasty molars and is exceptionally drooly and boogery and cranky from moment to moment. I am not talking 'oh ya got a little slobber going buddy' I am talkin 'who let the saint bernard in the toilet bowl again?' messy slobber. They were so great with him. He loved the attention. Normally he sits nicely in his stroller for me but that day he was absolutely insane! So if anyone from the wonderful store Mystic Paper happens to read this. . . thank you so much for your patience and your help. It was sincerely appreciated. I plan on frequenting the store more often.... when #3 is feeling nice.

So my blog colors have changed. Finally. I loved these papers that I got as digital freebies from very talented artists. Let me see if I can name them. Ok for those with bigger screens you can see that I used a floral brush at the bottom of the page it is from Katie Pertiet, the pink damask paper is from Mindy Terasawa, and the ribbon is from Jessica Sprague. These ladies do beautiful work. If you haven't tried digital scrapbooking you really should give it a go. It is really fun and gives you so many possibilities for creating. But I still love touching my paper and painting it and tearing it so I am still a happy hybrid scrapper. Hybrid meaning I use both digital and paper in my scrapping.

I am almost finished making my watermark for my photos. I realize that watermarks make the photos look goofy and I really hate it. But I also disapprove of people stealing other peoples work. I had no idea that people could be so rude as to take photos and claim them as their own. So after much thinking I have decided that I should watermark my images as to protect my works and also my client's interests. I would hate for their personal photos to appear on other peoples blogs or sites. Argh I really hate the whole idea of stealing anything. Do theives really think that they have the right to take away anything that someone has worked so hard to earn/make/design? Anywho off my soap box.

The next photos that I am posting are of an adorable little girl. She is so sweet. A first time mommy to be and another mommy who is pregnant with #5 and had never had a prego photo shoot before. They are all so sweet. Thank you again for visiting my blossomz.

No comments: