Monday, June 22, 2009

Gross Cakes

Going through photos on my computer I realized that I never posted some of the weird cakes that I have done. These cakes were so fun to do. I have an awesome friend Amber and she has October as her birthday. Yes I said October... she celebrates from October 1st to the 31st love her! She had this awesome birthday a couple years back and asked me to make some freaky cakes. I can't remember where I found them but they were perfect for her.
Photobucket

This is a super tasty Kitty Poo cake. The majority of guests at the party couldn't make themselves eat it at all. Too lifelike I guess. So moist they didn't know what they were missing.

Here are the directions
1 box of yellow cake mix prepared as on the box
1 box of spice cake mix prepared as on the box
technically you can use anything you want really... just think few
colors since you want it to look realistic.
2 boxes of vanilla pudding prepared again if you want to use
another flavor just think of the color... banana would be good too.
1 package of crushed vanilla sandwich cookies (generic worked for me)
6 tootsie rolls
clean litter box and scoop (just for show)
Line the litter box with plastic wrap where the cake will touch about 1/2 to 3/4 up the sides. Don't worry it will stay put when you get all of the cake in there. After the cakes have cooled cube them and mix half of the pudding in carefully trying not to break the cubes. Spoon the mix into the litter box. Mix the second half of the pudding with the cake cubes and some of the broken cookies. Spoon these into the litter box. In a baggie use blue or green food coloring to dye 1/2 cup of the crushed cookies. Once this is all mixed and happy carefully mix the dyed cookies with the rest of the cookies and sprinkle over the cake in the box. Take the unwrapped tootsie rolls and microwave one at a time for 5 second increments until pliable/where you can squish them without working hard. Roll them in your hands until they are segmented and then pooish. I rolled them a tiny bit in the litter so they looked like they had been scratched on. Ya this is a totally gross cake to look at. Perfect for that cat lover in your life. You lined the box because it is not food grade plastic and it can be dangerous to eat out of. No chances taken here. Don't actually use the scooper to serve it either that is just for looks.


This next cake was fun to make. It took about a week though. I found this based on another cake website and can't remember where though. I did change stuff though. Yes the rat/cow is horrible. I know. I wish that I could take it off and do it over.
Photobucket

The cake is chocolate and the rest is actually chocolate formed into arm bones. I used seedless raspberry jam for the blood. The severed arm and bone fingers are all white chocolate and cake. This cake was also stared at and passed up by some for looking to gross. That was what she wanted, gross.



post signature

No comments: