Wednesday, June 24, 2009

beautiful sunset tonight

These past few weeks have been cool here in Arizona. One of the radio station DJs said that he overheard someone visiting say 'I don't know what everyone is complaining about. The weather is great.' Well not sure if that person is still here and enjoying the heat that has been hiding out somewhere else but this is the dry heat that everyone has told you about.

When the clouds are still in the air around 7pm I know that I will have an awesome sunset about and about 40-45 minutes to get someplace fun for pictures. With that in the back of my mind as we finished dinner I kept an eye on the skies. Low and behold we had beautiful clouds still on the horizon. Picture time! I grabbed the kids and my camera and loaded into the van quickly to find a place where there were no power lines in the shot. About 15 minutes away from our place was a perfect area with water and even ducks for the kids. They loved it. They kept tricking the ducks into thinking that they had food by throwing seed pods from the mesquite trees into the water. Yes I told them that it was mean. Didn't stop em.

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

Love this of the monkeys.

The shots that we left with after about 15 minutes of shooting. The only post production work that was done on them was some brightness brought down a third and the sharpness boosted 2 and contrast boosted 1. I use canon's DPP digital photo professional since I shoot in RAW. They were all shot with my 50mm 1.8 My kids left asking if we could bring bread for the ducks next time. Not sure babes... may be somewhere else next time. There was just a light post that is kind of hidden by the trees in the distance and that dark figure is not a person on the other side of the water it is a saguaro cactus. Mr. S asked how tall the guy was. What guy? oh the cactus. Really tall. I think that it was over 11 feet tall. At least.

post signature

No comments: