Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Long Hard Night

As I sat up last night trying to figure out how to get myself 'out there' more as a photographer I became weary. I was going over and over in my head how there are so many awesome 'mommy' photographers out there ( a 'mommy' photographer is someone who is a child wrangler. Among her motherly talents and duties she has found a way to possibly make money while feeding her passion for photography. She is normally just as awesome behind the camera as she is in front of it.)that I was starting to freak myself out. Seriously I did. Then I remembered that I love photography. I truly love it and if I never sold another image or print if I never had another photo shoot I would still have my camera glued to my eye most of the day. So I wiped the sweat off of my brow and decided to keep plugging away at the advertisement side of the business. What is that side you ask well I will tell you. I am opening my site soon. My blog will still exist but I will have a site that will guide people to the blog and to my galleries. My calendar is slowly opening up for shoots as the majority of days taken by family vacations and other crazynesses is fading. I have now opened Friday's for shoots. My loving hubby is able to work from home or hang out with the boys those days which leaves me free. So if a weekend doesn't work with your schedule then Friday morning is now an option.

So most of the time I am fine working on my old dell. Old being the operative word. It is around 10 years old and very slow. To put it mildly. I was trying to figure out how to 'fix' this hunk of machine so that it would function more happily. I tried uninstalling any and every thing that I don't use. Removing any photos that I don't use often. When your camera images are 15MP you run out of room quickly after uploading 300+images from a photo shoot. So I am still in the process of unloading more items mainly digital scrapbook kits and burning them so that I can eventually use them at my whim opposed to waiting 5 minutes for each image to upload to photoshop then another 5 minutes while I close the image so I can use another image. So not fun. Hopefully soon I will be able to upload pictures quicker so you will be able to see more of my work.

post signature

No comments: